- 4 Cups Wild Rice, Cooked
- 3/4 Cup Edamame- Fresh or Frozen -- Shelled
- 3/4 Cup Dried Cranberries or Craisins®
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts -- Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Scallions -- Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper -- to taste
This salad is good at room temperature or slightly warm.
The walnuts can be chopped as is or toasted and chopped
In a small bowl mix together the oil and vinegar
In a larger bowl mix the wild rice, edamame, cranberries,walnuts and scallions together
Add the dressing to taste, you may use less
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Note: If using unsweetened dried cranberries you may want to plump them by soaking in juice, water or a liquor such as Grand Marnier®
All of the ingredients can be adjusted to your own preferences