- 3 ½ cups cooked quinoa, keep warm
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2/3 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1 ½ cups fresh, sweet, pitted cherries
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
Combine warm quinoa, spinach and most of the walnuts in a large bowl and toss, allow spinach to wilt slightly.
Make dressing by combining 1/3 cherries, olive oil, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon of salt in a blender and process until smooth.
Cut remaining cherries in half. Stir most of them into quinoa. Salt & pepper to taste.
Place in serving bowl and top with additional cherries, walnuts, basil and goat cheese.
Omit cheese for vegan.