- 5 pounds Red potatoes, whole
- 1 medium Vidalia onion -- Finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch Celery -- Finely chopped
- 1 1/2 jars Dill Spears -- Chopped
- 8 large Hard boiled eggs - peeled -- Chopped
- 26 Ounces Mayonnaise - Store brand is fine
- 1/4 cup Dill pickle juice -- approximately
- Salt & Pepper -- to taste
Wash and boil the whole potatoes until just fork tender. Drain and separate to stop further cooking.
When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into quarters or eighths. Toss with the dressing.
Mix the onion, celery, pickles with the potatoes.
Add the mayonnaise, eggs and pickle juice. Use the pickle juice to dilute the dressing, less than 1/4 cup may be needed. Adjust the seasonings.
Let sit refrigerated until cool, at least 2 hours. Longer is better. Adjust the seasoning and serve.