- 2 lb Chicken Thighs, skin removed
- 3 large bell peppers (different colors), chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream style sweet corn
- 1 bag frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups dried potato flakes
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
In a large pot, add chicken thighs and cover with water. Boil until fully cooked. Remove chicken and let cool. Remove chicken from bones, shred, and set aside. Skim fat off the top of the chicken broth.
In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Then add bell peppers, carrots, celery, and onion. Sauté until tender.
Return large pot with chicken broth to stove and heat over medium heat. Add shredded chicken and sautéed vegetables. Then add the canned corn, frozen corn, and milk. Thicken soup with potato flakes until desired thickness. Season to taste. Serve with shredded cheese.