- 1 Pineapple -- peeled, cored, quartered
- 3 Red Bell Peppers -- seeds removed, thinly julienned/strips
- 1 Green Cabbage Head, medium -- shredded
- 1 Red Onion -- 1/8-inch slices
- 6 Jalapenos -- seeds removed, 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 cup Appler Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Anise seed, whole
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper to taste
Lightly brush pineapple quarters with oil and grill until well marked. Cut into 1-inch dice. Add to the vegetable mixture.
Make the dressing by mixing together sugar, salt, vinegar and anise seeds. Add dressing to pineapple and vegetable mixture and mix well.
Sprinkle fresh cracked black pepper as needed to taste on each plate.