- 4 cups Apples, Gala or Honey Crisp -- julienned
- 3 cups Jicama, peeled -- julienned
- 1 cup Candied Olives -- see below
- 1/4 cup chives -- finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette (1 part vinegar,3 parts olive oil)
- 3/4 cup almond -- whole, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Peppercorns -- toasted and ground
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Castelvetrano green olives in brine -- rinsed, pit removed
Make candied olives by boiling water, add sugar and dissolve. Remove syrup from heat and cool to 170F. Pour syrup over pitted olives and marinate for 1/2 hour. Strain, chop and reserve.
Toss apples, jicama, olives and chives with just enough vinaigrette to coat.
Add nuts and season with salt and toasted, ground peppercorns.
Plate salad and drizzle on remaining vinaigrette.