- 3 pounds Boneless, skinless chicken thigh -- thoroughly rinse and set aside
- 1/4 cup Korean chili pepper paste (gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (or sake)
- 1/2 cup (or 1/2 medium onion) Onion -- pureed
- 6 whole Garlic cloves -- minced
- 3 tablespoons Ginger -- minced
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable oil
Combine and mix all ingredients, except chicken, together in a large bowl. Make sure that the sugar and salt are completely dissolved in the marinade.
Add chicken to marinade, making sure chicken is completely coated and incorporated with the marinade. Cover and marinate chicken for at least 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Grill chicken over low heat to prevent the sugar in the marinade from burning. Cook each side for about 7-9 minutes.
Optional: Although this taste best on the barbeque grill, it can be broiled in the oven on a wire rack/cookie cooling rack placed over a roasting pan. Broil at 300°F for about 22-28 minutes.
Serve with Asian rice and lettuce.