[ Back to index ]
Recipe of the Month
Garlic Infused, Marinated, Grilled Filet Mignon
- 6 each Filet Mignon Steaks, 2-3 inches thick
- 6 cloves garlic, fresh, skins removed -- sliced 1/8" thick
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 each shallots -- minced fine
- 2 tablespoons Thyme, fresh, about 20 sprigs -- remove leaves from twigs and chop coarsely
- 2 sprigs Rosemary, fresh -- remove leaves from twigs and chop coarsely
- 1/2 each orange skin, fresh, white removed -- chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 each Thai chili (optional) -- minced fine, wear gloves
In a small sauce pot, add sliced garlic and olive oil.
Heat to 210 degrees, just as garlic starts to give off water (bubbles). Cook until garlic begins to turn a light golden brown on the outside. It is very important not to simmer or boil the garlic oil. Approximately 1 hour.
Once lightly golden, turn heat off and let garlic sit in oil until room temperature.
Using a paring knife, cut a 3 small slits through the sides of each filet about 1 inch deep. Insert a slice of the soft, golden brown garlic in each slit.
Combine remaining ingredients with the garlic olive oil and blend well.
Add the meat to a large ziploc bag or bowl and pour marinade over meat. If using a bag, massage the marinade into the meat being careful not to break the bag. If using a bowl, turn meat occasionally keeping all sides well coated. Cover the bowl.
Let this sit for 4-6 hours for best results.
Turn your grill to high heat and get smoking hot. Carefully place marinated steaks on grill and turn the grill down to low and close the lid.
After 2 minutes, turn steaks 45 degrees to make diamond grill marks.
After 3 more minutes, turn steaks over.
Cook to desired doneness.